Friday, November 4, 2011

1920's


            This past week was Halloween and it’s one of my favorite time of year, because it's when people really appreciate my talent for hair and makeup. Last year I did my sisters hair and makeup and turned her into a punk rock chick that almost looked like a modern day pin up girl. People ask me all the time to do their hair and makeup, but I really love creating looks for costumes. My sister asks me all the time for hair and makeup ideas, and I always try my best to help her out. Over the summer my sister went to a 1920's costume party and asked me to make a hair and makeup look for her. She likes to be as authentic as possible when attempting any look.  Unfortunately, my being in Wisconsin and her in New York made it a little more challenging, because I couldn't just do it myself.  I did the next best thing and I made videos and put them up on YouTube for her to watch. When I uploaded the videos I didn't think twice.  I figured that no one was going to actually watch them but her. Well, to my surprise when I checked my old email over the weekend I saw a bunch of YouTube email notices. Curious, I logged into my YouTube account to find I had well over 5,000 views. Let's just say I was shocked and from what I saw it seemed like people kinda liked it. So I have been checking on it every day all week and in 3 days it has gone up to almost 7,000 views.  I am guessing that since it was Halloween girls were dressing up as flappers and looking for a video on how to do 1920's hair. That's when they came across me and my video on 1920's hair. So this week instead of writing about my transformation, I am going to post my two videos.  Please ignore my appearance for the most part and the quality.  Like I said I posted them and didn't expect people to actually watch them.  I guess that's what is so amazing about the Internet.  If you put it out there, people can see it.  Still, I was sick when I made them so I speak quietly and I don't really know how to explain what I am doing. All in all, it was a pretty good first attempt and I hope you enjoy them.  I think they will explain things better when you get to see it step by step.

Tips for this look:
1) Don't be afraid to be too dramatic with your makeup, it was the roaring 20's and they didn't care they were on drugs. Haha
2) Make sure you don't drop your Bobby pins (said in a British accent).

Hint for next transformation: Hide your face so the world will never find you
           

No comments:

Post a Comment